Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a day...

This morning I did my usual, eat breakfast while I check my email, facebook, and blogs. I received an email from my friend's sister telling me to call her, she wanted to know if I had her about her brother. Unfortunately, my friend committed suicide on Tuesday night. I am shocked, sad, confused, hurt, exhausted, etc. This was a guy that was such a great friend. He and I dated in high school for a few months and worked together for about a year. We lost touch after graduation, but the past few months we have been in touch again. We would text everyday and talk about our days and what's going on in each other's lives. We kept saying we needed to get together, but we just couldn't make our schedules work. He was such a great person. He always said the nicest things to me and was a friend I could always count on. He even told me a few weeks ago that I was a girl he really fell in love with and will always remember. I didn't think that the first time I see him in 7 years would be him in a casket....My heart goes out to his family right now, I can't imagine how they feel. I love you Chris, you were a great friend and I am privileged to have been your friend.
Make time for the people that you care about. Make sure they know how much they mean to you and tell them that you love them. Don't ever end on a bad note with someone you care about because you don't know if that is the last time you will see them.
To all of you reading my blog right now, know that I care about you and your families. I am very blessed to have great friends, family, and acquaintances that care about my kids and I. I appreciate all of you and love you all! Sending a big hug your way!

5 comments:

Katie said...

ohhh you said this so well! Love you lots, and I too, keep thinking about him and his family.

Goodwin Family said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Do you know when the funeral is yet? I love you and appreciate your friendship so much!!

Rachel said...

Having experienced this situation in my family i understand what his family is going thru and my heart goes out to them. Hope you are doing ok...i am always here if you need to talk :)

Nicole said...

I agree with your mom, everything you said was so good. Your a great friend. Each day will get easier and easier. I will keep you and his family in my prayers. good luck with the next week. love you bunches:)

Sarah Z said...

I'm sorry to hear about that...was he anyone I would've known? I dont recognize the pic, but thought there's still a chance I may...

Related Posts with Thumbnails