Friday, March 13, 2009

Jaden's big boy bed is gone...back to the crib he went! The first couple of nights Jaden did awesome staying in his bed, not getting out of it and just going right to sleep. Well the past few nights have been horrible! He has always gone to bed at 7:30, but lately it's been 9 or 9:30 before he finally falls asleep and stops playing and running around in his room. He came in my room at 3 am wanting to sleep in my bed and then wanted to play. Call me selfish, but my evenings are what keep me sane. I have been exhausted. Well tonight after about an hour of getting up and down putting Jaden back to bed, I decided that the side of his crib was going back on. I turned on the light and started working. It took me only a few minutes and about ten minutes later both of them were sound asleep and I'm a happy mom. :) I'm okay with Jaden not being a "big boy" quite yet.

3 comments:

Sarah Z said...

as you know...i can relate

Rachel said...

I feel your pain. Dre has been in his big boy bed for like 5 months and we still have a hard time with him. He won't take naps he just plays. The other day he even knocked over his entire dresser. Gotta love little boys!!

Goodwin Family said...

You are so not selfish for wanting your nights "kid free." Its called Lauren Time and by having it you can be much happier mommy! I know a lot of kids who stay in their cribs until they're almost 3...no rush!

Related Posts with Thumbnails