Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We love you Harry!

My mom just did a really neat post about a very special man in our lives. His name was Harry and he was my grandma's boyfriend. He was like a Grandpa to me. He passed away 6 years ago today. He did a lot for my mom and my sister Megan and I, and all of my other siblings, but I would say Megan, my mom and I were the closest to him. We went and visited them in Prescott, Arizona a few times and had so much fun. He always played games with Megan and I and even watched the *N Sync concerts with us on TV. He was always interested in us and how we were doing. I remember him being so extremely smart and answering all my questions and even helping me with my homework. He loved to go on walks and was a very energetic person. He was soooo incredibly sweet, the sweetest man I have ever met. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to know him and be so close to him. I miss him a lot and I know my mom misses him very much. He helped my mom through a very hard time in her life and was in some way the "man" in her life for awhile, helping her through and supporting her and Megan and I. We love you very much Harry and miss you so much! We know you are watching over us and being our angel. :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

oh,thank you Lauren, good memories of a great man.

:: ashley :: said...

Sorry for your loss!
I just got a facebook email, did I say Danny on Shirley's thing?? I meant Adam-- I guess I was tired, but I know you like Adam too, I'm sorry but I love Johnny Cash and he slaughtered that song, I cringed!
P.S. Kaylie's hair look so cute in bows in the st. patricks day pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails