Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Talkative Tuesday


Tomorrow is a sad day...it would have been the day I started at Aveda Institute. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to start school yet. I guess it's just not my time. I feel really bummed that it didn't work out, but hopeful that my time will come eventually! I took my kids to the old ladies' house that was going to be watching them while I was in school. Well that didn't go so well. To keep it short and to the point...she didn't change Kaylie's diaper for the 5 hours I was gone, the place was filthy like actually unsanitary, my kids' hands were dirty, the old lady was ornery with the kids right in front of me, and to just seal the deal a little girl found a sippy cup with spoiled, clumped up, rotten milk and started drinking out of it. ahhh! So that didn't work out and I just can't make myself feel good about leaving my kids at a complete stranger's house, no matter how nice they are. Anyway, hopefully my time will come...

On to more positive, happy things...Kaylie is trying to potty train herself. Which is awesome!!! She's been wearing pull ups and will just go to her little potty, pull her pants down and go potty and she has even gone poop all by herself! She is a smart little girl and will be potty trained before I know it!

She is talking more and more every day. It's so cool to hear her saying new things and trying to translate what she is saying. She is actually getting really clear with his words and other people are able to understand what she is saying. Her new thing is she says "Doing?" which means "what are you doing?" and she asks me that a hundred times a day. I will tell her what I'm doing and then she will say "okay." She's soooo cute, I love my little Kiki. She is such a sweet little girl and is always wanting to help everyone. She is especially sweet to her little friends and wants to help them if they get hurt at the park or give them hugs and kisses.

Most of you HATE the Barney song, "I love you" you know the one that they sing at the end of each episode. Well I don't, I love it! Only because my kids always come running to me and want to hold my hands like they do on the show and then hug and kiss at the parts where you are supposed to. It's so cute, the 3 of us just hold hands and sway back and forth and sing the song together. Jaden knows every single word. I gotta get someone to take a picture sometime!

Daddy bought Jaden and Kaylie the coolest pillows for them to cuddle with at night...Kaylie got Dora (it's huge!) and Jaden got Lightning (of course!)
...they are in heaven. Thanks Daddy, you're the best!

One of Jaden's recent favorite things to do is spread out a blanket on the living room floor and say "let's have a tea party!" or "come have a tea party with me!" and he will want to eat his breakfast or lunch on the blanket like a picnic. It's pretty cute. Today Jaden and Kaylie were having so much fun together playing on the blanket having a picnic and even a little "nap".

American Idol was great tonight...wow Usher is so yummy! :) He did awesome with the contestants and had a lot of good feedback and of course looked sooo handsome. He's such a player but I totally love him!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know school will work out sometime for you! The pictures are so cute, fun pillows they got! yay!

Nicole said...

School will work out sometime! When it does you will LOVE doing hair! You'll ROCK IT!! Love the pictures! Brindley saw that dora pillow and said oh lucky kaylie gets to play with DORA!! So funny she thought it was the real thing!!!

Shirley said...

AH, that is such a bummer. Being a mom is the most amazing thing we can do, but what a sacrifice it can be! Lucky, you have the cutest kids ever, so that must help. :) Hang in there. Your time WILL come!

Sarah Z said...

sorry to hear it's not going to work out with the daycare. I am so glad you found out about it though before committing to much! There will always be Aveda hair school...just be patient! Cute kiddos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails