Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My time has come!

I am finally going to start cosmetology school, March 31st. It's been quite the roller coaster ride getting to this point. I am soo grateful that it's finally worked out. The past few weeks I've been having a really hard time finding affordable, safe daycare. My school is such odd hours so most daycares aren't open until 7:30 so I was struggling with trying to find someone to pick up the kids from daycare and take care of them. I had a lot of friendly offers to help and even my friends in the condos here mentioned it in their ward. I just didn't feel good about it all because I knew I would be stressing each day at school, wondering if the kids were getting picked up and if they were safe. Well a few days ago I had pretty much given up and told myself that this was just not my time. The kids and I were driving home from the gym this morning when I pulled up next to a car with a sign that said Beehive Daycare with their phone #. I decided to call it and a sweet voice answered the phone and we chatted for a little bit and I asked if the kids and I could stop by right then since it was only 5 minutes from our house. We went there and met the lady who is an older lady, a grandma and has been doing in home daycare for 35 years. She was incredibly sweet and kind and I was able to watch her interact with my kids and with the other kids. I had such a good feeling when I was there. Some of the things she said I got goose bumps and just felt like this was the right place for my babies. Jaden and Kaylie really enjoyed it, we were there for about an hour. It was set up so neatly and organized, pictures, curriculum, charts, etc. I was very impressed with everything I saw. The lady said that her husband was driving the car that I saw and it just so happened that he had to pick up their daughter that day (which he usually doesn't). It feels like it was all just meant to be. After all the stress, heartache, anxiety, worry, and excitement of it all, I can finally confirm that I start at Aveda Institute March 31st! My kids will be well taken care of and happy and mama will be happy as well :)
Thank you to those of you who offered your help and advice! I am blessed to have amazing friends!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I am so happy for you YAY!

Nicole said...

Yay Lauren! I'm so super excited for you, it does seem like sometimes things do work out.. just right. Thank God for that!

Good Luck with school, You'll be awesome

Shirley said...

I am SO excited for you! You deserve everything good. You will be amazing at school and your kids will love the daycare. :)

Megan Isham said...

yay I am sooo glad it is working out for you and you will get tom hair. Anyway love ya I am Happy For you.

Nicole said...

So excited for ya! You will be a FABULOUS Hair Dresser!! CONGRATS You deserve it:)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy things worked out for you! Good luck as your start school!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails