Friday, July 25, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood.....


As I always say "oh the joys of motherhood!" It's usually sarcasm when I say it because I've had a stressful day. Jaden falling down and hurting himself 2 days in a row, NOT A JOY! We were leaving Joy's house and Jaden totally biffed it in the street. He fell on his knees and then hit his head. He got a pretty good scrape! Then yesterday we went swimming at Nicole's grandma's house and he fell backwards off of a picnic bench and landed ON his head. He has a pretty big bruise on his head from that. I was pretty scared he was going to have a concussion. But he seems to be doing just fine. Some of you moms may be reading this thinking I'm overreacting, its not a big deal...but to me it is! This is my first baby and I am not used to all the fall downs and the "owies". I better get used to it though because I have a BOY! Suck it up Lauren! =)

Jaden is such a good boy! On Tuesday night my friend Ashley babysat Jaden for the first time while I went and worked for Joy at the fair. And he did sooo good. I was worried that he may not go to sleep since he was in a new place. But he went to sleep at 7:30 and didn't even cry. I really feel blessed to have such good kids. I think somehow he knew that his mommy was out working trying to make money for our family. Yesterday while we were swimming he was sooo tired so I figured I would try to lay him down on the couch inside the house to see if he would sleep. Guess what? He did! I couldn't believe it. If it would've been months ago he definitely would not have gone to sleep. Getting him to sleep used to be such a challenge! Thank goodness he loves "night-night" and "nap-nap" time!

I love that my little boy is such a mama's boy! I guess he really has no other choice because his dad is not around. But I love the millions of hugs and kisses he gives me everyday. I love that he takes breaks from running around the house or playing just to come sit on my lap for a few seconds. I love that he gets the biggest smile on his face when I tell him I love him. I love when I tell him not to do something and he copies me by shaking his head at me! I just love my baby boy :)

Oh one more thing...this is pretty funny. Jaden was whining like crazy when I was putting a flower on Kaylie's hair and I couldn't figure out why. He went and grabbed one of Kaylie's pink hair bows and tried to put it on his head. I told him that it didn't go on his head and he just kept whining. So I put it on his head and he ran around smiling and laughing. It was pretty silly! Here's a picture....


8 comments:

Megan Isham said...

Jaden is soo cute. I love the picture where he is wearing a flower. I hope he is okay from his falls.

Goodwin Family said...

That's so funny! He just wants to look pretty too!

Katie said...

Jaden is such a wonderful little boy i love him :) He and Kaylie are so lucky to have you for their mom. YOU ARE THE BESTEST!

Bridget said...

Awww, cute!!! I love being a mommy and everything that comes with it too!

Nicole said...

oh lauren! Your so sweet to your little ones! Its cute how worried you get when jaden falls. I really didnt think that he hit his head im sorry if i made you upset with thinking that. I just known that you would worry about it! Jaden is such a sweetie and him and Kaylie both are lucky to have you as there mommy!

Jay said...

jaden is such a cutie pie!!!!! i hope he's doing ok from his falls, but i definitely know what you mean... jayla is sort of tomboyish and she falls a lot and it scares the crap out of me, but its like two seconds later she's back to running...

:: ashley :: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
:: ashley :: said...

he was a great kid to babysit! hey which scrapbooking kits or sites do you use to make your headers? I am trying to find new ones, cause I have kinda maxed out all the site's kits I use..

Related Posts with Thumbnails