Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MoThErS :)

I saw this on an old friend's blog and rrreally liked it. She went to a BYU Women's Conference, which she called a mommy boot camp. I copied a few of them that I really liked, here is what she learned.

#1~ We all work so hard to have visible accomplishments, (i.e. manicured lawn, organized house, well-dressed kids) but the best accomplishments are unseen. Clear the daily clutter of unimportant things and make time for the immeasurable joys with your children.
**
#2~ The best memories that your children will have most likely won't cost you a dime. All the BIG vacations, movies, etc. are likely forgotten...but the night you gazed at the stars and talked will be embedded in their "favorites" memory file.
**
#3~~ Home is where a woman has the most power and influence in this world.
**
#6~~ You are ENOUGH! We spend too much time feeling like we don't measure up. Wake up to the day feeling briliant. Leave the mountain of Laundry (yeah, the one that might kill you if you're too close and there's an earthquake) and take part in the simple things with your kids. Look them in the face and really listen to their sweet expressions, let them plan the day, play like you're 3, include them in your daily chores. When you report back to your Heavenly Father he won't care how clean your home was (it won't even make it to His top 100 questions for you).

#7~~ Cherish the role that is so uniquely yours---

I'm glad that I read this today because I needed to read something to brighten my mood! Lately I have been feeling that I can't keep up with the everyday things and chase 2 kids around. I have been extremely stressed! I am trying to find a job and daycare which is the biggest stress right now. As well as turning in all the paperwork I need to for insurance and state assistance, etc. Then I try and keep my house as clean as possible but at times I just feel like I can't keep up with keeping it clean. Everything I clean, Jaden is right behind me messing it up. Not having a dishwasher is rough too! I have to be the dishwasher. When the kids go to sleep at night I am just ready to lay on the couch and watch Friends...the last thing I want to do is clean!
BUT back to the wonderful information I read today, I am glad I did! It's nice to be reminded that I am enough and that I am a good mom and doing the best that I can in my situation. I think every mom has a right to complain and stress once in awhile. And now is my time. :) I am extremely blessed and lucky to have such an amazing mom that raised FIVE kids. Days like today when I think to myself How can I possibly survive?? I am reminded that my mom made it with 5 kids! She is a true example of what a good mom is. I have such wonderful examples around me of good moms, including my best friend Nicole. I admire how great of a mom she is! She teaches Brindley soooo much and spends time reading millions of books a day to her, teaching her new words, making sure she has good food to eat, letting her play outside everyday, giving her kisses, thinking of new fun things to do with her...and on top of all of that she still manages to keep her house soooo clean AND spend time with her amazing husband.
Again, I am extremely grateful for the great examples of mothers that I have around me. I know every mother has their own challenges in life, but they still sacrifice their own happiness for their children. Being a mom rocks! :) (I had to throw in my silly personality to end with.)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Womens Conference is the best. I went 2 years ago with Jess. I was only able to go to a few classes,but they sure make moms feel good about what they do day after day! I agree with you being a mom rocks. Thanks for the sweet things that you said. you the bestest!!:)

Flower said...

Thanks for posting that. I had a rough day as well. My hubby is away until Sunday and I am feeling hardcore. I just wanted to say that I needed it as well. Yes, we all have different challenges, but challenges nonetheless. I think tomorrow my boy and I will go to a movie after I am done with my interview. Thanks for the inspiration. I was on the fence about due to cooking dinner and getting things in order. Sound familiar?

Leslie said...

Being a mom is hard. We all have our days when we wake up and try to figure out how we are going to get the energy to complete the list of tasks ahead of us. You are doing such a good job with Jaden and Kaylie. Remember how much they love you, and remember that it's ok to leave the dishes dirty in the sink and play!

Megan Isham said...

I am glad you posted that stuff on there today. Even though I am not a mom yet, I still struggle with feeling like I am not enought. Since I work full tiem I feel like i never get the house clean and that I can't do anythign. So thanks for putting that on there.
You are a great sister and Iknow that you will find a job that will work for you and you will be able to get daycare and everythign you need. I am sorry Ican't be there more for you. I wish we coudl afford to drive down. You are a great example to me.
Love ya

Related Posts with Thumbnails