Friday, July 18, 2008

JaDeN's NeW tHiNgS...


I leave the bathroom for two minutes while Jaden is taking a bath (I know Mother, I'm not supposed to leave him unattended). I hear him squealing happily and splashing loudly and as I return guess what I found? POOP! He had pooped in the bath tub! I had heard horror stories of that happening to other moms I know, but never did I think it would happen to me. It was so gross! Thankfully he wasn't playing with it! LOL!

Jaden has discovered new ways to entertain himself...and of course he picks the loudest thing, screaming. I'm not kidding when I say that he screams a lot. He does it at random times while he is playing or walking around. He is simply doing it just for fun! I have tried everything I can to get him to stop, but nothing seems to work. Hopefully this is just a very short phase that he is going through. My poor ears can't handle much more. Kaylie isn't too fond of it either, especially when she is sleeping peacefully.
Jaden is learning new words! The other day his Uncle Ryan was reading an animal book to him and Ryan said "lion" and Jaden said "lion"! We were so excited! He also says apple quite a bit. He learned that from his word cards that he has. He thinks every part of his face are his eyes. He points to his ears and says "eyes". It's pretty cute. We are working on all the parts of the body.

It is so much fun to see him learn and try new things. Yesterday he opened the cupboard door and threw his wrapper away in the garbage! Tonight when I was changing Kaylie, he took her pink socks and tried to put them on his feet. He is getting better at following directions, like getting his sippy cup, finding his binky, taking a nap, etc.

I'm pretty sure Jaden will take after me and be addicted to chapstick...I couldn't get it back from him!
He loves giving me kisses as well as his little sister and Uncle Ryan. They are wide open-mouth kisses and he makes the "awww" sound when he does it. It is too cute! He loves to play for a little bit and then come back and give me big hugs every few minutes and then get back to playing. He is such a sweet little boy!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

He is so cute! and smart! That is so funny he threw his garbage away! I love the chapstick picture!

Nicole said...

I love to hear that Brindley isn't the only one that has pooped in the tub! Sorry that it happened to you. Anyway your new scrapblog is way cute.

Sarah Z said...

Kendra loves to scram for no reason too! The worst is in the middle of Sacrament meeting! So I can empathize and I hope it's just a phase too.

Megan Isham said...

Oh that is soo cute. I can't believe how big is he is. THat picture of him in the tub is so cute.

Bridget said...

This is the first season that I am not watching the live feeds or BB after dark since bb6. My mom reads a lot on the internet about what is going on and gives me spoilers. I knew what was going to happen tonight and I know who wins vito. I don't know much about any of the fun juicy stuff going on. Do you? Wow, ever since Jesse got HOH he is a complete cocky mo fo. Did you happen to see the last minute of it tonight. He was like these 18 inchers can't fit in the lense? Oh my gosh, Caleb and I watched that part a couple times laughing our butts off! I think right now I am liking that Keesha. What do you think? sorry for the long comment :)

The Hilton Family~ said...

Okay can I just tell you that Jack is 22 months and he is still in the screaming phase. I too am hoping that this is just "a phase" and it will end soon. The worst is when we are in the car and he decides to scream. It is truly ear piercing!I am glad to know that it is not just my child that has this issue.

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

OH man Lauren I have a screamer too! It is about to drive me nuts. I feel bad cause most of the time he is wanting something and has no way to communicate besides screaming I guess.

Related Posts with Thumbnails