Sunday, July 27, 2008

I ♥ my sister!

My sister Megan is four years older than me but we have always been close. Growing up we had fun riding our bikes together, playing Barbies, playing house, listening to music, watching tv shows, etc.
I don't think I was ever an annoying little sister to her, infact she used to always tell me to ask our mom for something. She would have me do the dirty work. And I did it of course. We were a little team.
Here we are waaay back in the day playing with our Cabbage Patch dolls! Aw I miss those!

Here we are at my mom's wedding, May 2006.
Disneyworld trip Sept 06 - sooo much fun!

Our first Christmas in Arizona Megan came to visit and I was very glad! We have never been apart on Christmas. Last year was our first Christmas apart and that was pretty sad! I was in Arizona and she was in Utah with her hubby.
I love this picture...we were wedding dress shopping for Megan and we both picked out the exact same dress. I don't think it was the one she ended up picking though.



Pictures from her wedding day! I am so happy for her that she found a great husband who loves her and cares about her very much.

Some of my favorite memories of Megan and I...
*secretly recording Beverly Hills 90210 and watching it together when my parents were gone! hehehe :)
*listening to the radio all day long until some of our favorite songs came on so we could record them on our mixed tape.
*her buying me tons of celebrity magazines so I could take out the *N Sync pictures and put them on my wall
*helping her babysit the Farrington's
*going to San Diego with her and my mom, and Disneyland, too! Those were some of the best trips of my life.
*in our hotel at Disneyworld it was about 11 or 12 at night and I was sooo hyper. I was listening to my ipod and singing songs and then Megan started singing along. We were having so much fun. Then the next day while we were waiting for the bus, our Uncle JD said that he had a hard time falling asleep last night because some people were being loud. OOPS! :)
*reading all of the Love Stories series books
*all the concerts we've been to together! some of my favorite...Jessica Simpson, Tim & Faith, *N Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears
*going to Deseret Book to meet Jericho Road - we loved them! and then driving up to Ogden to see their concert
There are so many great memories I have of my sister and I. She is the best! I am very blessed to have her not only as a sister, but as one of my best friends. I hope that Jaden and Kaylie will be just as close as we are!


8 comments:

Megan Isham said...

That was soo sweet!! I started laughing when I read the one about our Disneyworld trip and how JD said they didn't get much sleep cause we were singing. That was sooo funny!!! Thanks for the great blog.

Katie said...

Yep you two are the bestest! did you really record 90210 and watch it when I didn't know?????? oh dear :)

Lindsay Kaempfer said...

hey Lauren! Just found you through Kimbers blog so I thought I would say hi!

The Hilton Family~ said...

what a sweet post! Those were the good old days watching 90210. Oh and recording favorite songs from the radio onto tapes!! what great times!! How great to have a sister that you are so close to and can have such good memories with. We need to get together soon and let the kids play. I will send out an e-mail and see if anyone is interested in playgroup this week! Hope to see you and your darling kiddos soon!

Angel said...

You and Megan sound a lot like me and my sister Penny. She is 5 years younger than me, but we really did spend a lot of our time together by choice.

Bridget said...

I think I still like Keesha, I won't spoil what happens tonight, but right now I am not really liking Libra.

You are your sis are so cute!! Aren't sisters great?

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

You two are so cute! It makes me wish that I had a sister!

Sara said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your sis! Glad you posted your address on BBC. You have great site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails