Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes we can!!!


I was speechless tonight as I watched and listened to the announcement of Barack Obama winning the election. I sat there and listened to him speak with tears in my eyes and goose bumps all over. I called my mom and we were both crying on the phone about how amazing it is. Obama is such a wonderful person and I love to hear him speak. He is so motivational and caring. It is an amazing day in history to have the first black president. Obama's talk about the 106 year old lady that has seen a lot of ups and downs in America was very touching. It makes me think of Jaden and Kaylie, and if they were born back then. If Jaden came to me at 6 years old and said "mommy I want to be the president someday", I would've had to tell him somehow that it would probably never happen. But just like Obama said, All things are possible! Obama becoming the first black president is not the only reason I am so excited. It is because he is someone who truly cares about us and our country and wants to bring change to America. Wow, I just love to listen to him speak. After his speech tonight I just wanted to shout Amen! It makes me smile to watch him with his wife and children. He is an awesome guy! I am so grateful to have been a part of history. I casted my first vote in my life for the future President Barack Obama. My heart is full of pride and hope for my little family and for our country. "All things are possible!"
"Yes we can!!!"

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! Doesn't it just feel AWESOME to have contributed to such a great election in History?!?!

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stop saying "YES WE CAN!" at random every few hours. haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails