Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Sunday thoughts :)

To all you moms that are also wives, you are amazing! The reason I say this is because I went from being a single mom of 2 kids to pretty much a wife and a mom taking care of 3 people. I highly recommend to all the single people out there, get married or be in a long relationship before you have children. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy being with AJ again and being a family. I love it. But it has also been a big adjustment. I find myself stressed out more because I have to think of 3 people now, and put them first. Usually my nights are all about me because the kids are asleep and I do what I want. Now my nights are spent with AJ and doing things we both want to do. It's very different. I know that I will get the hang of things very soon, and be able to balance my needs and my family's needs. After all, I am super mom! :)

I am so grateful for AJ and the amazing person that he is. He has helped soooo much with the kids and taken care of me. He lets me sleep in, brings me tea since I've been sick, rubs my head and shoulders, gives me kisses in between the kids running around and all the chaos. I love him and I am soooo happy that everything is working out for us.

I can't stand when someone looks at me and I can just tell they are looking me up and down and judging me. It drives me crazy! There is nothing I hate more than people acting like they are above me.

I really hope the Cowboys pull through today and beat the G-men. I'll be saying my prayers.

I am sooooo excited that Nicole is having another little girl!!! Brindley is going to be an awesome big sister. I love Nicole to death. She is an amazing, incredible, fabulous, wonderful friend. I love that we are so close and can talk about anything. I love knowing that no matter where I move to or where she moves to, we will always be close friends.

I am so tired of being white, LOL...can I just be tan all year long and not have to spend money on it? Do they have a permanent dye for skin?? :)

I can't wait until November 5th and all the election stuff will be over. I'm so tired of seeing commercials on prop 8, prop 10, prop 2, Obama, McCain, etc etc etc. Oh and let me just add...Wanda Sykes was on the Ellen DeGeneres show the other day and she was saying if anyone should know anything about discrimination, it is black people...and prop 8 is all about discrimination. Years ago it wasn't even legal for black people to marry white people! If the law stopped me from marrying AJ because he is black I would be livid! So I can imagine how the gay people feel, not being able to marry who they love. For us to say that it is wrong to marry who you love and not allow gays to marry each other, that is discrimination. Whether you believe in gay marriage or not, it doesn't mean you have to believe it or live it or be gay, you should just not discriminate. That is my 2 cents, and I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off, but hey it's my blog and if you don't like it don't read it. :)

On a happier note, I love everyone! And I love my kids! :) Happy Sunday!!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

have you noticed in your voting poll who is ahead now?

you are definitely a super mom and a wonderful person. I'm glad AJ is appreciating you :)

:: ashley :: said...

Sounds like you had such a good time! So are you moving?? I am glad things are working out for your family. Congrats!! P.S. If you find skin dye, let me know I want to be tan also;) haha

Nicole said...

TOTAL Amen on the Prop 8 thing! How AWFUL and "holier than thou" for people to think they can decide who other people should be able to marry?! And that by making that choice for them, that makes it more sacred? Sounds a little backwards to me.

I'm happy you are so happy with AJ! Yay! :)

OH and PS: I love your new background. Very very festive and cute. I need to find me a new one too.. after Obama wins on Tuesday and I can retire my Obama one. ;)

Amie Kay said...

Hey Lauren, I was just reading your blog and thought it was funny that you posted about being over the whole election because I JUST BARELY did the same thing, it made me laugh! Looks like you are doing well, I'm happy for you :) Take care

Alisha Chase said...

I am glad life seems to be looking up. You really do have the cutest kids ever! And deserve to be a happy family. You will figure out the balance soon i am sure!

Nicole said...

Your pics are SOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin good. What cute little kids! I just love them as if they were my own! AND You look pretty good yourself! You look Skinny!!!!!!!! miss ya!!!

3LittleFlowers said...

Im very happy that you guys are a family, even if is taking you a bit to adjust... That is totally normal, and it is Ok to miss being by yourself... But soon, you will realize how awesome is to have "THAT" and you wont even miss being by yourself... That is (of course) if you have a good man by your side, and it sounds like he is one by your comments! :)

Sarah Z said...

I'm glad to hear from [a former?] single mom that it's HARDER with a husband. That gives me hope with my little boy coming next month! Maybe I really CAN do it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails