Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love my children!



If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with tolerance, they learn to be patient.
If children live with encouragement, they learn to be confident.
If children live with praise, they learn to appreciate.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to find love in the world.
If children live with sharing, they learn to be generous.

Aristotle

I thought this was a really neat poem. I think its even cooler that Aristotle wrote it and Aristotle is Jaden's middle name. :)


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
--Washington Irving

I also really liked this quote. I think being a mom is the greatest blessing in the world. My two babies mean the world to me. I hope that they grow up and feel the same way about me as I do about my mom. I truly feel that I have the best mom in the world. She is the most unselfish person I know. I admire her strength and her attitude toward life. She has always been there for me through everything, all the good times, all the bad times. My mom is my true friend and I hope to be that to Jaden and Kaylie for their whole life.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good quotes-- I really like and you said nice things :) Thanks, Lauren :) love you lots

Nicole said...

This is awesome! I really like the poem by Aristotle. It's crazy that he wrote it SO long ago and it's still so relevant! Good job! :)

Melissa said...

Aww, the Mom quote is so nice. I just lost my Mom 2 months ago. I am finding that this quote is still true even after your Mom passes. Everything about them is just so engrained in us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails