Monday, June 2, 2008

HaPpY BiRtHdAy To JaDeN!!!










My little boy is growing up so fast! I cannot believe how fast time goes. It really does seem like just a few months ago I was pregnant and miserable - oh wait, I was pregnant and miserable, but that was with Kaylie! ha! Seriously though, it seems like such a short time ago I was pregnant with Jaden and sitting in our room just staring at all his little clothes, imagining what he would look like in them. I am so blessed to have such a healthy, happy little boy. Jaden has truly made my life a million times better than it ever has been. When I found out I was pregnant with Jaden, honestly I thought my life was over and I was so terrified. I didn't know how I would be able to be a mom and know how to take care of a little person. The first time I held him in my arms I remember thinking that this little guy would be a part of me forever and it was up to me to take care of him. I felt so many different emotions, fear, excitement, worry, sadness, hope, faith, etc. It took me about 2 or 3 months to really get the hang of being a mom and taking care of someone 24/7. I remember some days I felt like just wanting to quit. But I am sure glad I didn't! It has been awesome having a little pal with me 24/7. He cheers me up when I'm sad, I cheer him up when he is sad, we look out for each other and I love that. He's my best friend! I can't imagine my life any other way right now. I love having him as my son, and I would not trade that for anything. It's awesome having him to cuddle with! We take naps together sometimes and that is the best. He's my cuddle buddy. =) I am so excited for all of his birthdays, to watch him grow each year into a wonderful person. I love you Jaden! You're my sweetie pie and always will be. =)

So tonight I had some friends over in honor of Jaden's birthday. We had cake and cookies and opened presents and visited. Christina Maurer, Ashley Reeves and Corgan, Kathy Leslie, Nicole Swenson, Kimber Goodwin and Kenzie, my sister Megan and her friend Amber all came and it was a lot of fun.
Jaden was so cute with his birthday cake. I put a big piece of the chocolate cake on his highchair tray and he just sat there looking at it for a few minutes, not knowing what to do with it. I finally had to put his hand on it and he tasted it a little bit, but still just sat there. I'm sure he was confused as to why I wasn't feeding him. After a few minutes I just took him out of the highchair and let him play while I fed him a piece of cake. It was pretty cute. He looooves cake, especially chocolate cake! Jaden had a great birthday! He was worn out from all the excitement the past couple of days, he went right to bed at 7:30 and is still completely zonked. I'm worn out from all the cooking and cleaning I have done these past few days! Now its time for me to go relax!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

You are the bestest mommy ever! jaden and Kaylie are lucky to have such a caring and loving mom like you! Jaden looked like he had a good Birthday! Keep up the good work! I heart You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails