Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Friends

I read Leslie's blog the other day and saw that she blogged about her friends and how each one is a different kind of friend. Since then it has got me thinking a lot about friends that I have been lucky to have, so I thought I would blog about it too. I hope Leslie doesn't mind that I'm doing it also. =)

I have been really blessed in my life to have such wonderful friends. I've been through a lot of different trials with some of them, but a lot of good times and great memories! Here are a few that I'd like to write about:

Holly Johnson Fry: She was my very first friend! My family moved next door to her family when I was 4 years old and we've been friends ever since. We have lost touch at times, but have always managed to pick up right where we left off and catch each other up on life. It's crazy that she has a daughter almost the age that we were when her and I met! We are both busy moms to 2 wonderful children and still have time to write weekly emails to each other. She will be a lifelong friend!

Valerie Squires Kukahiko: Although Valerie and I don't see each other anymore, she will always hold a huge place in my heart! Her and I were inseparable in middle school and had a lot of great times. I remember begging her mom to take us tanning for the first time to a real tanning salon! The sleepovers we would have and late nights we would stay up and talk about all of our favorite boys at school. The millions of times our moms would take us "driving" past our crushes houses, hoping to catch a glimpse of them! Oh and let's not forget how OBSESSED we were with *N SYNC! I think we really believed we would meet them and they would fall in love with us someday. It was such a blessing to have Valerie as a best friend in that time of my life. I was going through so much, with my parents divorce and my own self image issues, Valerie's friendship got me through some of the hardest times in my life.

Kimber Bennett Goodwin: Our friendship started off as being pen pals, she lived in Vegas and I lived here in Utah. We would write to each other all of the time, and then email and then visit each other. I thought of her family as my 2nd family for such a long time. I loved going to Vegas and staying with them! We were both huge fans of *NSYNC as well, lots of great concerts we went to together and fun memories. We like to say that *NSYNC brought us together :) I have always thought of her as my sister. We are soooo different, but have a lot of similarities. We have been friends for so long, that no matter how different we are or what is going on in our busy lives, we will always be friends, true friends.

Christina Maurer: I love this girl! We have had a lot of great memories. We became really close in 9th grade and got closer through highschool. We would stay up on school nights really late talking on the phone, writing poems and reading them to each other, driving around in her awesome car singing along to our favorite songs. We had fun in Chamber Choir together and choir tour! When I think of our friendship I think of a lot of good times. And a lot of times we were there for each other through dating drama, guy drama, family drama, friend drama, school drama, etc. I am very glad that she and I have stayed good friends. She wrote in my yearbook senior that we would be friends until we're aging grandmas, and I think that will always be true :)

Megan Thomas Isham (my sister): I am sooo lucky to have a sister like Megan. We have been friends our whole lives. We are four years apart, but still sooo close! When I was 4 years old we shared a room in our new house and I would get scared in the middle of the night and she would let me climb in bed with her. We grew up loving the same things, the same music, same tv shows, same people, same foods, etc. The only thing we have ever really disagreed on is who is the better boyband, *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys, haha! She is such a good person and has a huge heart. There is rarely a day that goes by where we don't talk on the phone. And if we dont talk on the phone we are both sensitive and wonder if we are still sisters! haha! I love my sister tons!


Nicole Johnson Swenson: my bestest friend in the whole world. I don't know what I would do without her! Her and I have become so close since I moved back here in September. We became good friends after highschool, I ran into her at a farewell and she told me she had been in hair school for 6 weeks so far. I had her come do my hair and I let her chop it! She did such a good job, and then our good friendship began. A couple of years later she put hair extensions in my hair and then a few months later I wanted them taken out and boy was that a test of our friendship! We spent several hours trying to get the stupid things out of my hair. We were very frustrated and not so nice words were said, we eventually just dumped the acetone on my head! Well we managed to get through that and we have been through a lot together since then. She has welcomed me into her life as if she were my own flesh and blood. She is the most charitable person I have ever met. I am so grateful that we are friends and that I have her to hang out with just about everyday. I love her to pieces and so do Jaden and Kaylie!!!

My mom: I already wrote a big long blog about her, so you can read that about my mom. But I didnt want to leave her out of this friends blog. :)

Wow this is a long blog! To those of you that I didnt write about, dont think I don't love you. I have such wonderful friends, it would take pages to talk about everyone. I love everyone :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

You absolutely do have the best friends! As your Mom I am so thankful for them in your life!

Julie said...

Yeah, what about me!!! I'm just teasing!!! I'm glad you have good friends and that your sister is mine! You guys rock!

Dewey :)

Megan Isham said...

Thanks for what you said!!! And the answer to your question is Backstreet Boys Of Cousre!! KTBSBPA!!!!! I am glad that you have such great friends!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails