Thursday, April 23, 2009

Laziness doesn't pay off...

This morning I put the kids in the stroller and went on a 35 minute walk around my neighborhood. It was a great workout because there are so many hills. We get back to the house and I go and take Kaylie inside and let Jaden stay out and play for a few seconds. I put Kaylie on the couch so she can look out the window and see us. Then I tell Jaden it's time to come inside and I start to fold up my stroller to put it away. I realize that my car doors are locked and my keys are inside. I didn't want to have to go in the house and grab my keys (laziness) so I saw that the passenger side window of my car was down about 3 inches. I decided to just stick my hand through the window to unlock the door, thinking that I will just walk around and pop the trunk to put the stroller away. Well the door unlocked, but then as I try to take my arm out, it doesn't come out!!! My arm is officially stuck in the window. Jaden is standing there watching me with a confused look on his face as I'm trying to yank my arm out. I'm trying hard not to cuss or cry because it hurt so bad! I tell Jaden to go in the house and get my keys, but he doesn't, he just wanted to watch me and try to help me get it out. Kaylie is banging on the window in the house and waving all excited, she has no idea her mom is stuck in the car! I have my cell phone with me so I'm thinking that I will have to call my friend Nicole to come and get my keys from inside the house and start my car and roll down the window, but then I remember she is at a doctor appointment. About 5 minutes later, I'm losing circulation, my arm kills and I'm ready to call the cops or something. Then I look over and my neighbor was across the street getting her mail. I have only spoken to this lady once or twice. I look over and wave with my free arm and she says hi and smiles with a look on her face like what the heck are you doing? So I say "can you come help me? My arm is stuck in the window." She couldn't believe it. She came over smiling and went in my house and got my keys and then started my car and rolled down the window and my arm was free! Thank goodness! My arm was hurting so bad for awhile after. Jaden kissed it better several times.
The moral of the story...don't be lazy!!! =)

10 comments:

Katie said...

ohhh I'm so glad your neighbor came outside---oh dear :(

Shirley said...

I love this story. I'm sorry you hurt your arm, but it's definitely a good story for years to come. :) Also a nice way to meet your neighbor. I'm really bad at meeting my neighbors and sometimes it takes something like that. Jaden is so cute to just want to take care of you!

Christiansen's said...

Lauren I got such a good laugh out of that. That is something that I would have totally of done. It's a good thing that Jaden is such a good little kid and didn't decide to take advantage of mom being stuck in the window and running away from you. And darling little Kaylie just looking at the window smiling, she is always so happy it seems. Abbey said that she was AWESOME during your photo shoot, I can't wait to see the pictures, and thanks so much again for being so willing to let me borrow those flowers, you are awesome!

Rachel said...

Wow, how crazy!! That's funny how Jaden just stood there because Dre would have done the same thing for sure. I'm glad your arm is okay though :)

Nicole said...

Im so sorry thats so scary! Im glad that your neighbor came to the rescue!! You can always count on sweet little Jaden to make you feel better:)

Whitney said...

Oh scary!!! I'm glad your neighbor was outside and could come help! It's weird how you can get your arm in, but not out....stupid physics or whatever it is.

Sarah Z said...

sorry, but thaT made me laugh...totally something I would do!

Nicole said...

Jaden is cute for wanting to help you so much! And little Kaylie probably thought you were just hilarious! haha. I'm glad your neighbor was home though, cuz oh my goodness that wouldn't be good!

Mich said...

This was probably a traumatizing situation for you, but hilarious for me! I could totally picture it the whole time I was reading it. Glad you are okay.

Anonymous said...

omg this is a camille moment ...lol..i locked ree in the car the other day running!! thank god air ws on...i freaked ...i ws at beauty supply so they knw me and i ws crying hysterically say bust the window cz i could here her crying..thn began to vomit and hypervenalte(sp) wow...no fun..lol..finally b came and firemen and she ws of course ffine...but i flipped lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails