Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catch up time!

One of my favorite things is when I put the kids to bed, they both love to wave to me as I leave the room and they like me to wave. Jaden started doing this and then Kaylie caught on so now they both like it. Jaden and I say goodnight to Kaylie first and we wave as we leave the room and then Jaden and I wave to each other. We've done it every night for months now and I love it. Especially Kaylie's little hand waving to me as she is about to fall asleep.

Jaden is officially done with binkies!!! yay! It ended a couple weeks ago and I am so proud of him for "quitting" ha! I'm proud of myself for staying strong and not giving it right back to him when he wanted it so bad.  


Jaden loves meeting new people and making new friends. Anytime he meets someone knew or sees someone outside at the park he calls them their new friend. Well lately he's been calling Kaylie his best friend. This morning we were laying in my bed and he asked, "Mommy, where's my best friend Kaylie?" I thought it was sooo cute. 


I took the kids to the doctor this past week because of snotty noses and coughs. Jaden has an obnoxious cough that keeps him up at night and during naps. Turns out the doctor says he has asthma. So he's been using an inhaler a few times a day and that is helping a ton. I hope it goes away and doesn't affect his whole life (ahem) football career....ha!


I have the worst luck with cars...I think most of us know this by now. My car has some major issues and is overheating and leaking all sorts of stuff. Well last week (on Jamie's birthday before the basketball game) my sister, the kids and I were driving home and pulled off the freeway and my car stopped. Seconds after this happened and I turned on the hazard lights a man drove up and asked if he could help us. This guy turned out to be a guardian angel! He pushed my car off to the side of the road, then attached my big Durango to his tiny little beat up work truck and towed us into the In 'n Out parking lot. Then said he had a hitch and a trailer thing that he could go get and tow my car home to my house. Talk about a miracle! He was soooo nice. He kept saying how he has a wife and a daughter and would only hope that a nice guy would help them out if they ever broke down somewhere and he couldn't help. He was just an awesome guy and I am so grateful that there are people out there that still help complete strangers.

Early Tuesday morning about 3 am I woke up with a really bad stomach ache. I instantly knew it was the Wendy's chicken salad I had eaten right before the basketball game Monday night. I threw up quite a few times and was so weak after that I could barely walk. I tried to make it to my bed, but I ended up falling down, hitting the wall with my shoulder and head and passing out. I thought for sure I had a concussion. Then I threw up a few more times and felt even worse and my head was killing me. I was scared and wasn't sure what to do. I called Jamie and he told me to call 911 and have someone check me to make sure I didn't have a concussion. I called and a few minutes later 7 firemen and emt's were in my living room. I think it's so funny that in Utah when anything little happens, 10 cop cars, 5 fire trucks, or ambulance need to show up for something so little. Anyway, they checked me out and I was "okay" and didn't seem to have a concussion. That morning Jaden woke up about 7:30 and I felt horrible. I seriously could not get out of bed. It was so hard for me to even get up to get them breakfast and pour them a drink. My amazing sister Megan came over and saved the day. She watched the kids allll day long while I laid in bed and tried to get better. Thank you soo much for watching them Megs! I hate food poisoning! And I now hate Wendy's! :)

Tonight Jamie and I and the kids went down to Andrea and Mike's for a bbq and get together, with Corinn and Eric and all the kids. It was so much fun to chat and eat yummy food. Jamie grilled me some yummy hamburgers. I'm so thankful to have such great friends and neighbors. 

I had such a great weekend with the kids and with Jamie. It's nice to have his company and we have so much fun together. I've really been missing my mom lately...I rrrrreally wish that she could live here! Hopefully someday soon.


Wow, this has been a long blog...just had to jot it all down so I don't forget. :)



1 comments:

Sarah Z said...

Way to go on the biny! I need to try to take Tucker's away again...How sweet for that guy that helped with your car to say that abou this own wife & kids...good man! We had something happen to us a few months ago & seconds after it happened, 4 cars stopped to see fi we were ok & needed help. That's one thing that I think only happens in UT! Sorry to hear about your head. I dunno whats worse: the head bonk or the barfing! Glad you're better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails