Saturday, November 28, 2009

I need your advice...

Please please please leave comments and give me your honest opinion. The only reason I'm blogging about this is because I need everyone's input. I'm having a hard time with this decision. I have wanted to go to cosmetology school for a looong time now. I know I would love doing hair, makeup, waxing, etc. The timing has never worked in my favor, but I know I just need to make it happen. The dilemma I am having right now is when to start. Do I start now while my kids are little and put them in daycare so I can go to school part time? Or do I wait until they are in school and go to school then? Being a single mom I can pretty much get school paid for and only have to pay back a small amount in loans after I graduate. There are pros and cons to both. Please help! Give me your advice, please!

6 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

My vote is to go now, if you can find a GOOD QUALITY day care for the kids. Can you get government assistance to help pay for the day care? As much as I would love to be home with Kenzie, I have seen soo many pros to her being in her "class." She loves it and it has really enhanced her development. She has opportunities to do things there that we wouldn't do at home. Plus I think it would be great for you to get your education and be able to make some decent mula! How long is the program if you go part time?

Anonymous said...

i say try to go part time now....the sooner u have it under ur belt the sooner u can b making dolla dolla bills!! hehe....then whn thy start school u will have a good set up in a salon....doin hair is the best job esp with kids...i wrk around avery and i get the best of both worlds :) u will lv it and i KNOW u will b amazing...lv u good luck and im always here for any advice or help u need :) hope u will b comin out for xmas girl i wnt to c u!

Nicole said...

I think that you deserve it do something for yourself. You are an awesome mom and you totally deserve it! So DO IT:) Kimber is right there are so many great daycares and speaking as a hair chick you will be so great at it. You will be glad you did it!!

:: ashley :: said...

I think if you can find a part time way to get through school you should, you are actually helping your kids out by going to school- so don't feel guilty! you'd be great at hair too!

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone else. If you can make it work now and find a great day care, you should do it! I think it will be better in the long run, because once you're done with school, you can start working and earning money. The sooner the better. Good luck! You'll be a great cosmetologist! :)

Alisha Chase said...

I personally LOVE that you want to go to hair school!!! It's my dream some day too when i am done teaching, I LOVE hair and makeup and nails and all that fun stuff!! I agree that you are actually helping your kids by doing this! They need that interaction with other kids, it helps them learn and grow so much. and it will give you all a chance to have a little YOU time and make things better!!! You are an amazing mom and being a single mom is tough! I know that you will make the right decision! have faith! Go for it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails