Monday, June 22, 2009

all about my babies

Kaylie has been giving me a run for my money the past few weeks. She continues to show me new sides to her personality. Her latest thing is she likes to try to sit in Jaden's chair while he is sitting in it. She will push him off with her bum so he will slide off. When I tell her to stop and put her back in her chair she throws a fit for a good minute or so. She also doesn't like me to feed her anymore, she has to do it all herself. Today I was trying to feed her yogurt because I didn't want her to mess up her dress and spill all over the floor. She would not have that. She went around screaming and crying for a good 5 minutes. Finally I just sat the cup of yogurt down on the kitchen floor and she waited until I left the room to eat it. Stubborn? YES! I came back and had to take a picture. I love the look on her face. You can just tell she is worn out from her tantrum.


And then there's that cute, sweet, little face I love...

She definitely made a mess!

Yesterday she decided to bend over on the ground and start licking dirt. I understand kids are curious and will eat dirt, but I've never heard of actually getting down and licking the dirt. Gross!

Another one of her new obsessions is to go into my room and sit on my chair at the computer and play. That is unacceptable behavior if you ask me! haha...my computer is my third ba
by. Now I have to make sure I shut my door because if I leave it open she will literally book it for the computer.

You already know that Jaden loves wearing my shoes and hats and purses around. He decided he wanted to go outside and play with his little outfit on today.

My little man is talking up a storm! He says full on sentences now. I'm amazed at how much he learns every single day. Today we were on a walk and he would point out everything he knew, boats, cars, churches, flags, basketball hoops, fire hydrants, mail boxes, stop signs, dogs, birds, etc. etc. etc.!

Today I was sitting on the couch by him watching a show and out of nowhere he leaned in closer to me and pats my stomach and says "you okay mommy?" and I said "yes, I'm okay Jaden, thank you." Then he just sat back and watched the rest of the show. He is so sweet. :) I can't wait for Kaylie to start talking more and hearing what she has to say.

I love my little squirts...it's my new nicknames for them.



Double trouble for sure....

5 comments:

Katie said...

heheheeee good blog they are so cute, your little squirts :)

Rachel said...

It's hard when kids want to be independent when they're still so little. Kyra loves the computer too. I don't know what it is but kids are drawn to it!
That's so cute how Jaden asked if you were okay, what a sweet boy. Love the pictures of him in your shoes and hat ;)

Nicole said...

Awe super cute. But funny. Being stubborn can be a good thing ;)

Alisha Chase said...

OH man that is so cute! I love that she waited for you to leave to eat the yogurt! And those shoes are so totally Jaden! He is so cute to care about whether his mommy was ok! You have the best kids for sure!

The Heath Fandamily said...

You're kids are adorable. They are just so stinking cute. Brooklynn went through the same stages Kaylie is going through, just wait until she fights with you about which clothes she wants to wear, haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails