Friday, August 29, 2008

You know you're a mom when....

I didn't feel like washing bottles right now so I thought I'd blog instead. :) Yea, call me a slacker, I don't care! Here are some things I made up and experience, definitely making me a "mom."

You know you're a mom when...

  1. one of the best birthday presents ever is having your carpets cleaned! (Yea, my best friend Nicole had my carpets done for me yesterday!)
  2. you catch yourself rocking back and forth, without even holding a kid
  3. you can drive with your knee, feed your baby a bottle in the backseat, and talk on your cell phone all at the same time. (I know, some people will judge me and hate me for this one.)
  4. you know all of the words to the children's tv show intro
  5. you go to bed thinking about what to blog about next
  6. your sister has to make you promise that you will spend your birthday money on yourself and not the kids.
  7. you are willing to kiss any body part on your child if they have an owee
  8. you spend the day doing laundry, cleaning, washing bottles, changing diapers, blogging, feeding kids, washing hands, rocking kids to sleep, vacuuming, going on walks, going to the park, doing errands, making dinner, running around with your head cut off until you go to bed at midnight and then wake up at 7 am and yet you still dont seem to lose any weight.
  9. you never get to go to the bathroom alone
  10. you have a cute outfit on that lasts about 5 minutes because of all the spit up and drool marks
  11. you forget what you came back in the house for or forget appointments

4 comments:

Nicole said...

ha ha thats sooooo true! I love it! being a mom is the greatest!

Quiet City said...

I do that rocking thing still! Haha, so true. Great post, Lauren.

The Hilton Family~ said...

I love that post because it is so true. I swear i can never get out of the house with a clean outfit. I guess these are the joys of motherhood right? I hope your little family is doing well!

:: ashley :: said...

k this is hilarious. I especially loved number 3, baby weight is hard to lose, there is no time to exercise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails