Sunday, August 17, 2008

"California here we come, right back where we started from...California!!!"

I am back from my weekend in the OC! I went and stayed with my good friend Desiree, she lives in the OC. My mom and step dad stayed home with my babies and I got to go have a relaxing fun weekend. It was a lot of fun!
Friday morning we woke up and headed for Long Beach to relax on the beach. Here I am...
I have never had the privilege to just lay on the beach and soak in the sun, or even swim in the ocean. So I was pretty excited! Notice anything weird about this picture? There isn't anyone in the water. Funny story...Des and I felt like playing in the water, so we got in up to our hips and played in it for about 10 minutes. As we were laying out on our towels after we heard a lifeguard tell someone else not to go in the water because it is contaminated! I of course asked the lifeguard if we were going to die. He told us that it was contaminated from sewage pipe breaking a few days ago!!! He told us to rinse off right away. I couldn't believe it! My first real experience in the ocean, I swim in shi*!!! Thank goodness I had my hand sanitizer with me, I rubbed it all over my legs and then we rinsed off in the shower at the beach and then headed home for a real shower.
Later that night we met up with some of Desiree's friends and her boyfriend for Happy Hour at a place called Mai Tai's. It was a lot of fun to just sit and relax and chat with everyone and enjoy the live entertainment.
After that Desiree, Dan (her boyfriend) and I went to an Italian restaurant because I of course wanted pizza. The food was great but our waiter was a little odd and the decorations in the restaurant were pretty out there. Our waiter came up and introduced himself and right off the bat said he needed a drink that it had been a long day and went on and on about his day. It was pretty funny. After we ate, Des had to mention that my birthday was coming up. He actually checked my driver's license to see if we were being serious, that's how crazy he was. I kept insisting that he not sing happy birthday or draw attention to me and he said he wouldn't. The next thing I know is he asks my name and I say Lauren, and I thought he walked away but he had walked behind me, pulling my chair, so as I'm going backwards he is yelling out that its my birthday. It was pretty funny and a little embarrassing.
Saturday we felt like going to the beach and getting some sun again, but don't worry we went to a non-contaminated beach. We went to Huntington Beach, and wow it was beautiful! There were tons of people there, the water was beautiful, the waves were awesome, the weather was perfect, it was great! There was even a surf competition going on that we got to see a little bit of. Des and I played in the water for awhile and ran away from the big waves, it was very fun. Then we walked out on the pier and ate lunch at a place called Ruby's Diner.


That night we got all ready and headed to a place called Sutra Lounge, it's one of the nicest clubs in the OC. Des took me there a couple years ago when I first got to visit her there. It was a lot of fun to be back there. We had fun shaking our booties and talking to all the good looking men that were there. Des took a lot more pictures of our night at Sutra, so I'll have to post more when she sends them to me. It was an awesome vacation and I am so glad that I was able to go. I'm sooo grateful to my mom and step dad for taking care of my babies. I missed my babies sooo much. I couldn't wait to see them! It was so cute how both of them were so excited to see me. Jaden started kicking his legs in the carseat and giggling and Kaylie just stared at me and kept smiling. It was so cute. Here they are on our way home...

6 comments:

The Hilton Family~ said...

what a fun trip! it is always so nice to get away and have a little break from everything and then be able to come back and feel refreshed and ready to get back in the swing of things!

:: ashley :: said...

I didn't know you were in the OC! Super fun, Did you run into Summer Seth Marissa and Ryan? I hope so haha and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mich said...

That's so neat you were able to go have fun. It's nice to have a break once in a while. I have found that whenever I take a little get-a-way, I come back ten times happier, which makes Zachary happier as well. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast and got some much needed R & R at the beach (scary about the contaminated one, but I'm sure you'll be fine!). Happy Birthday too! Hope you have a great one!

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had tons of fun...good for you, you deserve it!

That Nora Girl said...

Aww, what a sweet welcome home you had! Glad you had some time away, though! I could use it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails