Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my birthday week in Arizona!

Jamie spoiled me rotten for my 26th birthday which was on August 20th. He took Kaylie and I (Jaden was in Cali with Daddy) to Arizona to visit my mom and Walt. We stayed for the whole week before my birthday. He kept saying "it's your birthday week, so whatever you wanna do." :) Unfortunately, my camera broke the day before we left, so the first day we got there he surprised me...took me to Best Buy and let me pick out a camera. 
My mom watched Kaylie for the weekend and we got a hotel down in Scottsdale and had a fun night out. We went to Fashion Square which is the best mall ever. Jamie got some HOT new jeans and then we went to dinner at a really yummy, nice pizza restaurant called Grimaldi's. We then went out on the town in Old Towne Scottsdale. We went to a few different clubs and had a great time dancing. We woke up and soaked up the sun at the swimming pool and relaxed for the day. I absolutely LOVED laying in the comfy bed with all the white, fluffy pillows.

Kaylie had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. She isn't too fond of dogs lately so she spent most of the time on the couch avoiding Remi. But I think my mom didn't mind. :) We took her to the splash park one day and she had a lot of fun. 
She is such a little sweetie pie and full of personality. She loves to cuddle, including with Jamie. :)

We all went to Claim Jumper for my early birthday dinner. We had lots of yummy food and a free red velvet cupcake mmmmm.


One of the highlights of our trip was we got to see my good friend Colby. He is my gay friend and one of the coolest, sweetest, funnest guys I know. I love him tons! He drove us around in his fancy, new, silver Acura TL and we went to this restaurant called Fez. It was the coolest restaurant I have ever been. It was so funky and stylish and had delicious food. Jamie got some lamb chops with pesto sauce that were so good. I got a pesto green pasta and a martini with  Colby. The three of us had a great time together, lots of laughing and catching up. Love you Colby!!!
 
The last day we were there we went over to my friend Camille's in-law's to go swimming. It was a ton of fun. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures, but we had a great time. Camille's little girl is the cutest ever and Kaylie had fun having a friend to play with. 

Kaylie and I went and had some girl time and met up with a good friend of mine, Erin. We worked together at Liberty Mutual and have stayed in touch since then. She is always so fun to chat with and is so supportive of everything I do. And she just LOVED meeting Kaylie and seeing how cute she is.

The night before we left we went to a Diamondbacks vs. Reds baseball game. It was Jamie's first time at an MLB game so it was a fun time! Unfortunately the D-backs lost, but we still had a good ole time.

We had such a blast there in Arizona, it's a bummer it had to end. I love it there and will always consider it home. As much as I want my mom to live here, its nice to have another place to call home. My mom and Walt are soooo good at making us feel welcome and I really appreciate that. Hopefully we will be back for Christmas!!! :)

Thank you Jamie for the best birthday week ever. I love you tons!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! it was so fun to have you guys -- Hope you can come for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

great post.....u and jamie are so cute..im so glad i got to meet him......we had a blast hanging and wish i got to c u more :(..........move back to az soon please hehe :)

Sarah Z said...

holy cow girl! Looks like a blast! What an awesome birthday present (happy belated btw)! Miss you. Let's do ao girls date soon, k?

Valerie said...

What a fun week! I can't believe you just turned 26, I feel like 27 is just around the corner and I'm starting to feel old! :) Anyway, I hope you had a great day and we'll have to get together soon because I still need to meet your cute kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails