Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to my mom!







My mom's birthday was yesterday so I thought I would write a blog about my wonderful mom in honor of her birthday! It may sound cliche, but I really do have the best mom in the whole world. Without her I wouldn't be the person I am today. She is one of the most giving people I know. She has sacrificed so much for my children and I. She came out here for 2 weeks after I had Kaylie to help me. She sacrificed time away from her husband and took unpaid time off work just to come help me. She was so tired from all the sleepless nights, but she continued to help me, let me take naps, do errands, clean, wash bottles, etc. After I had Jaden, I was living with her and Walt at the time and she helped me so much. After a long day at work she would come home and take care of Jaden for awhile so I could take a nap. In the early mornings she would get up early to take care of him so I could take another nap. All of these things she did willingly, without me hardly asking. Let's not forget that she has pretty much supported us since before Jaden was born. There are so many things my mom has done for me that it would take a million pages to list everything.
I am sooo lucky that I have been close to my mom since birth. We have always been such good friends. I tell her just about everything! She is the first person I call when I have exciting or sad news. If a few hours go by where she hasn't heard from me she goes through "Lauren withdrawals" and I go through "mom withdrawals." It has been really hard living 11 hours away from her. I miss her a lot!
I really wish I was a better writer and could express how much my mom means to me. Unfortunately, she didn't pass down her awesome writing skills to me. =)
Bottom line...My mom is my best friend and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let me be her daughter.
I love you mom! =)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love you tons Lauren, and your 2 little kiddies, Jaden and Kaylie. I'm so glad you are in my life and now Walt's, too. Thanks for your wonderful words, you mean so much to me, too.
Love
MOM

Goodwin Family said...

Its true, your mom is awesome!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails