Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kaylie aka Drama Queen




Kaylie is 4 weeks old already! I can't believe how fast time flies by. The first 2 weeks were some rough weeks, and I KNOW that my mom (Grandma Katie) will agree with me! My mom was here helping me for the first 2 weeks and I am sooo thankful that she was here. She pretty much took care of Kaylie the first two weeks and I took care of Jaden. We split up the nighttime feedings with Kaylie so that we could get some sleep. But if you ask my mom, she will tell you that she didn't sleep for 2 weeks. Kaylie was pretty fussy for the first few weeks. She is so gassy, I feel so bad for her. But I have her on the really expensive formula now (thank goodness for WIC) and she is doing much better!
The reason I call her "Drama Queen" is because she is one, haha! Since day 3 of her life she has had a little attitude. It's almost like she is talking when she is hungry, because she makes noises, not crying noises but loud talking noises. Its pretty funny. She can cry really loud, she has some lungs! And she always wants to be held. Bottom line, she will let you know if she needs something or wants something. So that's why I call her "Drama Queen".
I am looking forward to the next few months of her life, just to see her develop into her own person. I can't wait to see the similarities that her and her brother will have, and also how different they will be. I absolutely love her, and love having a little girl to dress up all pretty!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, little Kaylie is a cutie--she's got personality plus. I miss Lauren and Kaylie and Jaden so much. But I am so glad that I got to help the first 2 weeks. Can't wait to see them again! MOM

Meagan said...

Lauren- I'mso glad you have a blog now. I hadn't seen you new little girl til now- she is SO cute. How are you holding up? Congrats ona BIG mother's day. Hope you are doing good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails