Friday, December 11, 2009

Up on the Housetop!


Tonight my friend Ashley invited us to the church Christmas party in our neighborhood. My sister Megan came with us and we had so much fun. Jaden was so excited, he talked about it all day because he knew he was going to meet Santa Claus. I asked him what he wanted to ask for and he said a new car and a choo-choo train. Uncle Ryan told Jaden to tell Santa that Ryry wants a new car and a computer and Megan told him she wanted a Wii and I did, too. On the way over there he kept saying over and over what everyone wanted as if he was trying to remind himself to tell Santa. The party was a lot of fun, great food and great people and of course Santa...
We were told we had to sing "Up on the Housetop" to get Santa Claus to come so we all started singing. Then we heard some bells and Santa appeared! The look on Jaden's face was priceless! I wish I would've taken a picture. It almost brought tears to my eyes because he was so happy and excited. His mouth was wide open and he was gazing at Santa like he was the greatest thing in the world. It was so awesome to see him so happy. Jaden was eager to get in line and wait to meet him. I took Jaden and Kaylie in the line and we waited. Jaden kept telling everyone to wait in line and wait their turn. Finally when it was their turn to go he took off running so fast and hopped right onto Santa's lap. Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas and Jaden told him a car and a computer. Kaylie was hesitant at first, but I picked her up and sat her down on his lap next to Jaden and she just stared at his big white beard and smiled at him. Santa asked Kaylie if she would like a new doll for Christmas and Kaylie nodded her head and said "yeah." After they had their turn they got a little treat from Santa and said thank you and we went back to our seats. Nights like tonight and seeing their faces just light up make being a mom even better! I love that I get to experience all these amazing things with them and be right there by their side. Christmas is much more fun and exciting with little kids that understand what's going on now! :) I can't wait for Santa to come and we can leave him cookies and milk and open presents!

2 comments:

Katie said...

oh, so fun! Santa's background sure was pretty--I'm glad they got to see Santa!

Alisha Chase said...

How freaking adorable is that!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails