Monday, September 14, 2009

My little boy is growing up! On Saturday morning I was bored and decided that I was going to put the kids in their own rooms and put Jaden in a twin bed. I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was excited to try it out. That night I put Kaylie to bed first because she was tired and I come out of her room and Jaden was laying in his new bed ready to go to sleep. I asked him if he wanted to go night-night and he said yes. I gave him a big hug, tucked him in and told him it's night night time, that he needed to stay in his room and go to sleep. He said okay mommy. I shut the door and didn't hear from him the whole night, except for at about 1:30 Kaylie woke up so I went in and checked on Jaden and he woke up and I asked if he needed to go potty and he said yes so he went potty and then went right back to bed. I was amazed how easy it was! The past few nights have been just as great. Sunday morning I woke up at 8:45. Jaden was in his room reading a book and Kaylie was in her room talking to herself. I couldn't believe it! So they sleep in longer now which means mommy gets to sleep in. They are such good kids. Jaden even took a nap in his bed today for 2 whole hours. I kept a crib up in his room just in case he got out of his bed during nap time. I'm not ready to give up naps yet. :)

2 comments:

Shirley said...

You have the best kids ever! Jaden is such a cute big boy. You are such a lucky mommy! I hear you on giving up naps. Nap time is OUR time. We need it! I'm glad he did so well!

Anonymous said...

wow thts awesome girl!! yay J

Related Posts with Thumbnails