Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who would've thought?

Who would've thought that I would look forward to Sundays? Growing up, Sunday was one of my least favorite days. I didn't like sitting through 3 hours of church, especially when it was at 9 am. Most of you know that I was raised LDS and most of my family and friends are LDS and I am not at all disrespecting their beliefs or religion. I just truly feel that it is not for me. The past couple of months I have been going to a Christian church called The Adventure. The first half hour is Worship which is all music and praising God. The last hour or so we listen to the pastor speak, pray and motivate us. Worship is AMAZING! The songs are all beautiful and powerful and I feel the spirit like I've never felt before. It's so great to feel His unconditional love for me. It's not conditional by any means, it's not something that I receive after I've met up to someone's expectations, it's unconditional. I am so grateful that my good friend Gentry (whom I've known since Kindergarten) invited me to The Adventure. 
I look forward to Sunday every week! Jaden and Kaylie love it, too. Seeing them raise their hands up during Worship is such a neat thing, brings tears to my eyes every time. They smile, dance, clap, hold hands and sing along. Today after church I said to Jaden that going to church makes mommy really happy and that I'm glad he came with me. And he said to me, "It makes me really happy, too Mommy." :) It melted my heart.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.
“They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a HOPE.
In those days when you pray, I will listen.
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds really good--uplifting to hear happy music and motivational sermons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails