Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hand, foot and mouth


Hand, foot and mouth virus...what the heck is that you ask? Only one of the worst things I have ever experienced in my adult life. It is uncommon in adults...but I guess that doesn't include me! Because I got it and it was horrible. It started out as a fever and a really bad sore throat. I felt miserable for two days and then woke up Saturday morning (a few weeks ago) with my hands looking like this. They were sooo swollen and sore. I could hardly move them or use them at all. I went to urgent care not knowing what in the heck was going on with me. The doctor looked at my hands and said, "how's your feet? do they hurt, too?" I paused and thought about it and said, "yes a little..." and then ding ding ding in my head I knew what it was! Nicole's kids had gotten it a couple months prior. She looked in my mouth and saw bumps all over my throat and tongue. Yikes. She had to read up on it a little because she said it was very uncommon in adults. She said I would probably be miserable for a week or so. Thankfully I was only out of commission for two full days and then slowly started getting back to normal. My hands look disgusting now, they are peeling like crazy, and so are my feet. Jamie was Mr. Mom those 3-4 days because I could hardly do anything. He's the best :) And I am so grateful he was there to take care of my kids and I. Boy am I glad I made it through that week!!! 

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh that sounds awful! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails