Sunday, August 23, 2009

So-so Sunday

This past Thursday was my 25th birthday. I'm finally 25! I've always wanted to be 25. I think it sounds like the perfect age, I wouldn't mind staying 25 forever. Let's just hope this year is a good one. My sister Megan and I went to The Pie Pizzeria for dinner, just her and I. It was so nice to have sister bonding time without my kids taking my all of my attention. Nicole babysat my kiddies, thanks Nicole! I had a great weekend, celebrated it with Justin. His birthday was the day after mine so it was fun to share our birthdays with each other. We went out to the Pizza Factory last night and then went bowling. I honestly used to be pretty good at bowling, but man oh man did I suck it up last night! I didn't even break 100 on the first game. It was still a lot of fun though!

Jaden and the whole potty training thing has been pretty frustrating for me the past week. He started off sooo well with hardly any accidents, but now the past week he has been having accidents all the time. I'm really struggling with knowing whether he is really ready or not. He still can't tell me when he needs to go potty. Maybe he c
an, he just doesn't. I've just decided to not push it on him so much and keep him in pull ups and let him go on the potty as much as he wants. We'll see how it all goes. My next battle is going to be taking the binkie away at night. ahhhhhh!

Kaylie has come up with a new facial expression, she does it all the time. I love it, her silly smile!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good birthday and got to go out and have fun!
I am way frustrated with potty training too. Dre was also so good at first but now wants nothing to do with it. I hate paying for diapers! All well hopefully sometime this year!

Alisha Chase said...

I am super happy you had a good birthday!!! You totally deserve it!! I hope 25 is a good year for you!!!

As for the potty training, YIKES i am glad it is you not me, i wouldnt have a clue what to do! You are definitely a super mom! AND super woman!!!

mead family said...

Happy be-lated birthday:) I'm glad you had a fun night without kids. We all need that every once in a while. I was so depressed to turn 25. It's too close to 30, so I'm glad you have a positive outlook on it! Hang in there with the potty training. I know it can be stressful and I've heard that boys are a lot harder then girls. He'll get it eventually:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails