Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cowboys for the win!!!!


What a great weekend of football! The Cowboys beat the Eagles last night, the Patriots lost today, and the Cardinals pulled off a win tonight! They were all good games! I love football season...I'm sad that it's almost over.

Today AJ's parents took the kids to the Discovery Museum. It was so nice to have some peace and quiet at home. We watched football and I watched a movie. The kids had so much fun. They came running in the house all excited, telling us what they did. The grandparents said that the kids were really good and had a lot of fun.

As for the movie I watched this afternoon, Lucky #7, one of those silly movies on Lifetime. This one was rrreally good though. It had Kimberly Williams Paisley and the one and only "McDreamy" aka Patrick Dempsey.

On a more serious note, the other day I took Kaylie with me to do some errands. We were walking inside Target and saw a man right in front of the entrance. He was obviously homeless and was digging through the trash can looking for food. He had a shopping cart with him and was putting any food that he found in the cart. It made me really sad, but also very grateful. It made me think of all the times I complained to my parents growing up about the "gross" dinner we were having or not having anything "good" to snack on. I sent a text message to my dad saying thank you for taking care of our family as we grew up and making sure we always had food to eat. My dad said he was very touched and I of course made him cry. Anyway, I'm just very grateful for what I have. Times have been really hard the past few months especially, but I know they could be a lot worse.


I have so much more that I need to blog about, but not enough time here in Cali to do it all. We are going home this week. I'm excited to be back in our house, but we will miss Daddy!!!!



2 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

justin was SO sad about eagles losing haha, I don't get into the teams much- anyways it will be fun to have you back in utah! drive safe!!

Alisha Chase said...

Man, that is hard to see when people literally have nothing... I am grateful for what i had too. We always forget how blessed we really are!! Hope you trip home is as successful as the trip out there!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails